Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wanna know a little secret about The Gemini Chronicles: Transformation?

Hello everyone! It has been a whirlwind few days since my novel first made it's debut on the online stores on July 10th. I'm so excited by the number of "likes" it's getting on facebook, the number of people who are interesting in reading it already on goodreads.com, and the reviews I am getting on different sites online. I keep thinking, Wow! This is amazing.

So I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Ready? :)

When I first wrote the manuscript, I had started each chapter with a line from one of my favorite songs that would essentially sum up that chapter. You may not know this about me, but I'm in love with Pandora radio and my little brother's itunes account and have taking inspiration from music the whole time I was writing the chapters. So, if you interested, you can have a soundtrack to listen to as you read the chapters to the first book of The Gemini Chronicles, Transformation. Some of the songs set the tone to the chapter, some contradict it, and well, you can decide how each of the song relates. Here's the list of songs:

Prologue: No song here, readers. The dream sets the tone for the action of the entire novel. :)

Chapter One: 
Lonely Day by System of a Down
"Such a lonely day and it's mine.”

Chapter Two:
Goodby Apathy by OneRepublic
I can't sleep now, no, not like I used to…”

Chapter Three:
Light with a Shapened Edge by the Used“Light with a sharpened edge,
Cut through the black empty space we call sky,
beginning the cycle that stays…”


Chapter Four:
Am I Missing by Dashboard Confessional
“Sharp disaster in a fresh new coma,
was it worth it when it was over….”


Chapter Five:
Getting Away with Murder by Papa Roach
“It isn't possible
to never tell the truth…”


Chapter Six:
Good Riddance by Green  Day“Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road;
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go…”



Chapter Seven:
Reinventing Your Exit by Underoath
“We all want to be somebody;
right now we're just looking for the exit…”

Chapter Eight:
9 Crimes by Damian Rice
Leave me out with the waste,
This is not what I do,
It's the wrong kind of place,
To be thinking of you.



Chapter Nine:
Mr. Brightside by The Killers
“It started out with a kiss,
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss.”
 

Chapter Ten:
Swing Life Away by Rise Against
“If love is a labor I'll slave till the end,
I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand.


Chapter Eleven:
Downtown by Copeland
“Cuz you showed up,
With your hair down,
I might not sleep tonight.”

Chapter Twelve:
Little Death by +44
“Please sleep, my darling, sleep,
Your death by information,
Won’t disturb the peace on distant stars.”

Chapter Thirteen:
I changed my Name by Sugarcult
“And you know I played it all in here,
Where everyone hides their darkest shades of fears…
You know cause everyone says that I’m not the same.”

Chapter Fourteen:
When your heart stops beating by +44
“I’ll be there when your heart stops beating,
I’ll be there when your last breath’s taken away,
In the dark when there’s no one listen,
In the times when we both get carried away.”



Chapter Fifteen:
Let Go by Boys like Girls
“So let go, jump in,
Oh well, whatcha waiting for,
It’s alright,
‘Cause there’s beauty in the breakdown.”


Chapter Sixteen:
Madi don't leave by PlayRadioPlay!
“It takes a lot to phase me,
I’m pretty stable, I’m pretty sane.
But I’m looking at my future,
And God do I have to lose her?”

I hope you like this list of songs as much as I do. Enjoy!

1 comment: